Handmaid’s Tale Quotes from the Handmaid’s TV series which has gained a lot of popularity in recent years and for all the binge-watchers who are eagerly waiting read the Handmaid’s tales quotes.
Handmaid’s Tale season 4 is releasing in Early 2021 till the time we are presenting you all 51 handmaid’s tale quotes.
As we have received some insights from our sources in Hulu, the production of Handmaid’s Tale season 4 will begin in March 2020 which clearly states that there is no way it will be aired before the early months of 2021.
Till the time, here we are presenting the 51 Handmaid’s tales quotes just for you to remember the scenes before proceeding to watch Handmaid’s tales season 4. I hope you like TalesByMales Production.
- It isn’t running away they’re afraid of. We wouldn’t get far. It’s those other escapes, the ones you can open in yourself, given a cutting edge.
- Everything except the wings around my face is red: the color of blood, which defines us.
- The Republic of Gilead, said Aunt Lydia, knows no bounds. Gilead is within you.
- They wore blouses with buttons down the front that suggested the possibilities of the word undone. These women could be undone; or not. They seemed to be able to choose. We seemed to be able to choose, then.
- Modesty is invisibility, said Aunt Lydia. Never forget it. To be seen— to be seen—is to be— her voice trembled— penetrated.
- She doesn’t make speeches anymore. She has become speechless. She stays in her home, but it doesn’t seem to agree with her. How furious she must be, now that she’s been taken at her word.
- I almost gasp: he’s said a forbidden word. Sterile. There is no such thing as a sterile man anymore, not officially. There are only women who are fruitful and women who are barren, that’s the law.
- Give me children, or else I die. There’s more than one meaning to it.
- My nakedness is strange to me already. My body seems outdated.
- I avoid looking down at my body, not so much because it’s shameful or immodest but because I don’t want to see it. I don’t want to look at something that determines me so completely.
- My name isn’t Offred, I have another name, which nobody uses now because it’s forbidden. I tell myself it doesn’t matter, your name is like your telephone number, useful only to others; but what I tell myself is wrong, it does matter. I keep the knowledge of this name like something hidden, some treasure I’ll come back to dig up, one day. I think of this name as buried
- Hurry up and wait,” says Nick. He laughs, moves his foot so it’s touching mine again. No one can see, beneath the folds of my outspread skirt.
- Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. Then comes the moldy old Rachel and Leah stuff we had drummed into us at the Center. Give me children, or else I die. Am I in God’s stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb? Behold my maid Bilhah. She shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her. And so on and so forth.
- The voice was a man’s. Blessed be the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the merciful. Blessed be the meek. Blessed are the silent. I knew they made that up, I knew it was wrong, and they left things out, too, but there was no way of checking. Blessed be those that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
- It has nothing to do with passion or love or romance or any of those other notions we used to titillate ourselves with. It has nothing to do with sexual desire, at least for me, and certainly not for Serena.
- Ordinary, said Aunt Lydia, is what you are used to. This may not seem ordinary to you now, but after a time it will. It will become ordinary
- I would like to believe this is a story I’m telling. I need to believe it. I must believe it. Those who can believe that such stories are only stories have a better chance. If it’s a story I’m telling, then I have control over the ending. Then there will be an ending, to the story, and real-life will come after it. I can pick up where I left off.
- I used to think of my body as an instrument, of pleasure, or a means of transportation, or an implement for the accomplishment of my will . . . Now the flesh arranges itself differently. I’m a cloud, congealed around a central object, the shape of a pear, which is hard and more real than I am and glows red within its translucent wrapping.
- He was not a monster, to her. Probably he had some endearing trait: he whistled, offkey, in the shower, he had a yen for truffles, he called his dog Liebchen and made it sit up for little pieces of raw steak. How easy it is to invent a humanity, for anyone at all. What an available temptation.
- The problem wasn’t only with the women, he says. The main problem was with men. There was nothing for them anymore . . . I’m not talking about sex, he says. That was part of it, the sex was too easy . . . Do you know what they were complaining about the most? Inability to feel. Men were turning off on sex, even. They were turning off on marriage. Do they feel now? I say. Yes, he says, looking at me. They do.
- I don’t need oranges. I need to scream. I need to grab the nearest machine gun.
- You can wet the rim of a glass and run your finger around the rim and it will make a sound. This is what I feel like this sound of glass. I feel like the word shatter.
- “Better never means better for everyone. It always means worse for some.
- Every love story is a tragedy if you wait long enough.
- Cows don’t get married
- So far all you’ve offered me is coconuts and treason.
- Love is patient love is kind.
- She cannot read his word!
- Everybody’s talking about happily ever after, but there’s just after.
- It’s a lack of love we die from.
- He lives on the beach.
- Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, bitches.
- Praised be, bitch.
- Our father, who art in heaven … seriously? What the actual f–k?
- It’s June. You know my f–king name.
- I shouldn’t have expected you to understand. You have no idea what it is like to have a child of your own flesh and blood. And you never will.
- You were supposed to be one of the strong ones.
- At least it wasn’t you.
- Never mistake a woman’s meekness for weakness.
- I’m sorry Aunt Lydia.
- It’s their own fault. They should’ve never given us uniforms if they didn’t want us to be an army.
- Pull the strings.
- We’re gonna need a bigger boat
- Can we do karaoke?
- Blessed be the fruit loops.
- May the force be with you.
- Owners are polite but creepy as f–k.
- I look like a pirate … a space pirate.
- Don’t let the bastards grind you down.
- Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.
- Better never means better for everyone… It always means worse, for some.
- I feel like the word shatter.
This Video will remind your best moments of Handmaid’s Tale
We hope these 51 Best Handmaid’s Tale Quotes would have given you a nostalgic feeling about the complete show and make you remember the dialogues you are in love with.
If you like our content then please Like us on our Facebook page talesbymales and also please follow us on our Instagram talesbymales.
You will stay updated with our new quotes like Bible Quotes about Light, Rumi Quotes on Lovers and Tv shows like Handmaid’s tales season 4.
Our only motto is to provide the best content for our readers. For us satisfactory readers matter the most. If you are an aspiring writer then our door is always open for you to write for us and get featured.