The editorial team of Tales By Males is really moved by seeing the success of these African American Leaders and would like to present the Quotes by African American Leaders. As we strongly condemn racism and seeing the hate in the world recently on black people and how they are getting bullied by the powerful institutions.
It is our responsibility to inspire all the African American people out there to not to be afraid of anything and get inspiration from the Quotes by African American Leaders who have become successful in their lives and achieved their goals.
We want you to read these quotes and light that fire in your heart saying if these African American people did then you can also do it.
All the Quotes by African American Leaders have been gathered through deep research by the editorial team of Tales By Males. Every single word of this post is written in such a way that it can directly impact the reader’s mind.
Our Motive is to provide the best content for the visitors vising our website and our content does justice to the time they spend on our website.
Here are the 51 Best Quotes by African American Leaders
- “Because I wanted to have a place that I could create everything that I never had as a child. So, you see rides. You see animals. There’s a movie theater.” Michael Jackson
- “Playing the game, and unfortunately, playing the gangster game is very profitable.” Quincy Jones
- “I’m not a ‘Business-Man’! I’m a Business… man! Let me handle my business, damn!” Jay Z
- “Why tell your story if you’re not going to tell it in its entirety?” Janet Mock
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” Muhammad Ali
- “You cannot take your freedoms for granted. Just like generations who have come before you, you have to do your part to preserve and protect those freedoms… you need to be preparing yourself to add your voice to our national conversation.” Michelle Obama
- “A new leadership. A choice. A chance. Don’t cry about what you don’t have. Use what you got.” Jesse Jackson
- “I wanna meet Meryl Streep, so she can be my mama. I want Meryl Streep to be my mom in a movie.” Tiffany Haddish
- “To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time.” James Baldwin
- “I’m never pleased with anything, I’m a perfectionist, it’s part of who I am.” Michael Jackson
- “Don’t misunderstand me; I don’t want to die alone, but spending quality time with myself 60 to 70 percent of the day is my idea of mecca.” Issa Rae
- “A Modern Mom to me is not always someone that juggles a career and family. A Modern Mom is a woman who takes care of herself on the inside and the outside.” Regina King
- “You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” Jimi Hendrix
- “I’ve been doing a lot of drama, but I feel like comedy is my strength.” Taraji P. Henson
- “When you produce an album, you’re dealing with it theatrically. It has to have a structure, and the inner response to that is that the ear loves it.” Quincy Jones
- “When I came here, I put my hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. I didn’t put my hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible.” Jesse Jackson
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” Michael Jordan
- “Hip-hop is more about attaining wealth. People respect success. They respect big. They don’t even have to like your music. If you’re big enough, people are drawn to you.” Jay Z
- “My biggest fear has always been being 40 and hating my job. I love challenges. I’m not afraid to try anything.” Carla Hall
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” Muhammad Ali
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If I don’t poke my head out of my shell and show people who I am, all anyone will ever think I am is my shell.” Shonda Rhimes
- “You know, let’s put it this way, if all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery if they went on vacation, there wouldn’t be a person left in town.” Michael Jackson
- “I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him.” Halle Berry
- “We are at war, and our security as a nation depends on winning that war.” Condoleezza Rice
- “The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.” Jimi Hendrix
- “I am a slave to fashion. I love to get into what’s hot and current when I dress myself or somebody else. Usually, it’s someone else because I’m constantly working on finding the best looks for actors.” Ruth E. Carter
- “All Oprah needs is a good book. My only request when she’s building any house is, ‘Could I please have a TV in my bedroom?” Gayle King
- “I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.” James Baldwin
- “In Hollywood, you play a mom, and the next thing you know, you’re on ‘The Golden Girls.’ They age you so fast.” Gabrielle Union
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” Michael Jordan
- “I found this out over the years, that racism is a thinly veiled disguise over economics and money. It really is.” Quincy Jones
- “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” Meghan Markle
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “My dad was in the Army, so what was happening internationally and nationally was always important to my family.” Tamron Hall
- “Hold your head high, stick your chest out. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes. Keep hope alive.” Jesse Jackson
- “I just have to be myself. I’m not perfect and I’m going to make mistakes, I might say the wrong thing.” Laverne Cox
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” Jimi Hendrix
- “I met Ray Charles at 14, and he was 16. But he was like a hundred years older than me.” Quincy Jones
- “Don’t rest on your laurels. There’s always going to be someone behind you who’s going to be better than you. So you need to get out there and keep working.” Sheila Johnson
- “What he showed me was not what I had to get, but what I already have. I am just myself, and who I am is a lot.” Phylicia Rashad
- “If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” Michael Jackson
- “I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” James Baldwin
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Michael Jordan
- “You can talk all day long, but if you don’t do something, it’s a waste.” Lena Waithe
- “If you’re doing something outside of the dominant culture, there’s not an easy place for you. You will have to do it yourself.” Ava DuVernay
- “I’m far from being god, but I work god damn hard.” Jay Z
- “I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.” Tracee Ellis Ross
- “If you even dream of beating me you’d better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali
- “One day, you might look up and see me playing the game at 50. Don’t laugh. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” Michael Jordan
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
An inspirational story by this African American Leader
We hope that you have liked our post on the Quotes by African American Leaders and it would have inspired you to get success and achieve your goals. These African American leaders are the role models for you while you keep grinding on your journey of success.
You can also share these Quotes by African American Leaders with your fellow Americans of the African American community that if these people did it that you can do it too.
If you liked Quotes by African American Leaders then please like us on our Facebook page Talesbymales and follow us on our Instagram page Talesbymales_ to stay updated with our awesome content.
We have also written posts on Black Queen Quotes, Quotes by African American Women, and Emotional Quotes on Love.
Our only motto is to provide the best content for our readers. For us satisfactory readers matter the most. If you are an aspiring writer then our door is always open for you to write for us and get featured.